Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week of 2/6 -2/12


I had a pretty descent week running wise, ran 5 days with zero hiking this weekend.  The weekly shin report is as follows.  I had two great ultrasound and deep tissue massage sessions in the week at Blue Hills Sports and Spine and things are starting to feel on the up and up.  The test for the week was my long run on Saturday with Chris and Mark.  Shin felt awesome and I actually felt pretty good despite not having a lot of running miles in the tank.  I started to fade at the end of the run but that was expected.  My Sunday run was mediocre shin had a little twinge to it so I didn't push it.  I was hoping it would have been perfect but it wasn't.  Tomorrow I have another ultrasound and massage session so hopefully it comes back to life.

This week, will be a little bit of a recover as well, as the full training pendulum starts after President's Day.  I will be heading to Baxter State Park in Maine for 2.5 days in the bush with some long BC skiing while pulling a sled, fun times.  Hopefully the weather cooperates last year we got dumped with rain in February and then puked on for two days with snow!!!  I guess anything is better than rain in February.

Collegiate Peaks is approach and end of February and much of March I will regain focus on running.  I was happy with the week knowing that I could run 34 miles in the week with not a lot of training and still feel descent.

Totals for the week:
34 miles of all trail running
1672 feet of vertical

No comments:

Post a Comment