Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week of 1/30 - 2/5


The was the week of our annual Mount Washington climb with more the a dozen of some of my best friends.  Some of us head up on Thursday and do a nice little climb on the Friday before, this year we did Mount Cabot which I also needed for my grid, 401 peaks to go!!!

Thursday I did Tecumseh on the way up, see blog for that trip report.  Cabot was awesome, we had a cold day but conditions were awesome and we were in micros all day.  Here is a picture near one of the openings after we hit the summit and were headed back down from Mount Cabot.


Saturday we climbed Mount Washington via the traditions winter route up Tuckerman Ravine Trail to Lion's Head winter route to summit cone.  The avi conditions were moderate and considerable because of high winds and significant snow loading in start zones.  The temperate was around 0 with winds topping around 60mph and windchill around 35 below, pretty mild day compared to some past years up Mount Washington.

I will update the blog as pictures become available.

From the running front I did get in 15 miles of running, which I was happy about and look to start getting more running miles as training will soon start for DRB.

Totals for the week.
33 miles of combined hiking and running
10,733 feet of vertical

No comments:

Post a Comment