Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week of 2/13 - 2/19

The week started off with some consistent running and the shin feeling ok but not great.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had some really good runs and was feeling strong overall.  I just need to start to get some consistency in my running with being able to manage my shin.  The totals for my 3 runs were 19 miles, not great distance but I was averaging a good pace for those runs and feeling descent.  This past week also ends the hap-hazard training schedule and starts to get more focused and centralized as DRB 50k approarch and CP 50 miler at the end of April.  The focus right now is stay healthy get back into a routine, stretching, weights and running and get ready for DRB 50k.

Towards the ends of this week I also did 26 miles on BC Skis and pulled a sled to and from Roaring Brook campground in Baxter State Park in Maine.  On Saturday we broke trail from Roaring Brook to Pamola Peak 4900 feet in 35-50mph winds, blowing snow, partial white outs and deep snow.  Temperatures were not that bad it could have been alot worse.  I loved the route, there was alot of exposure and we got alot of vertical from Roaring Brook around 3k feet.  The ridge/spin to Pamola ultimaltely leads to the knife edge heading towards Chimney, South Peak and Baxter.  Under ideal conditions this is possible in the winter and I would love to give it a go someday.

So, with that said, it is time to focus on the running and preparing for the race season.  I am looking forward to it, feel mentally ready, but wish I was in a better place physically, but I am confident I will get there.

Totals for the week:

51 miles of combined skiing anr running
4119 feet of vertical

No comments:

Post a Comment