Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week of 2/20 - 2/26


After the return of the K4 trip which I mentioned in the previous post, it was back down to business as far as training for some upcoming races.  I was very nervous about getting back into running as we all know I have had some issues with my shin.  The 4-5 days of "rest" on the K4 trip really helped with my recover and I am convinced some reduction in vertical and ultrasound therapy from Blue Hills Sports and Spine worked some serious wonders.  I covered 36 miles of all running this weekend some trail and some road.  I feel that my fitness is okay for now but my confidence in the shin is not were I want it.

I have been really consistent with stretching but want to get back into a more formal core strength schedule at the gym or at home with some ankle weights that I have.

Some other news is that a good friend of mine, got into the Leadville Mountain Bike Trail race and another into Badwater.  On the "vacation" front we also finalized the trip to Chicago Basin in Needle Creek in the San Juan's.  I am really stoked for that trip and it will be a good break after the VT 100.

I was talking with some friends about next already and I really don't want to race but want to do some more person self supported type adventures.  The one race I am 100% committed to is the San Juan Solstice in 2013.  I have also thrown out another attempted trip to Mount Rainier, last year we changed plans because of avalanche danger.  So what else do I have in mind, would definitely like to think about or some of Nolans 14, Hut to Hut to Hut in NHs White Mountains and would probably crew for another friend if he gets into Hardrock 100 if no conflict with Mount Rainier trip, I should focus on this year!!!!

Well the focus now is DRB 50k and getting the miles up and staying HEALTHY.

Totals for the week:

36 miles of trail running
3077 feet of vertical

1 comment:

  1. Your vacations, racing and weekly training sound a lot alike! haha. Your trip plans look great. Way to get after it.

    ReplyDelete