Sunday, February 5, 2012

2/2/2012 - Tecumseh

With my quest to break 60 minutes on Mount Tecumseh, I came up 120 seconds shy, but I was absolutely thrill with my effort.  Tecumseh has become an awesome hike to do once the rocks are covered and it becomes packed down by snowshoes.  The trail can be rock free with the right snow cover and feel like a track.

I pushed the pace going up and didn't think I was going very hard because I wasn't running up as much as I have done.  I did a lot of power walking and I didn't think I was ahead of pace.  The trail the entire way up got better more packed and faster.  I made the distinctive effort to never waste a step everything was moving forward and I never stopped.  I hit Tecumseh summit in 42 minutes and then let it rip.  By the numbers it is 4.66 miles, this is confirmed through two other ascents I have done up Tecumseh and the Garmin reads the same distance.  I averaged 13:19 minutes per mile.  I carried zero, not even my car keys, had my Montrail Mountain Masochist DryQ with micros and it was the perfect combination.  Hopefully I can find 3 minutes somewhere the next time I hit Tecumseh in similar conditions.

Garmin Data here.

No comments:

Post a Comment