Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pre-Week of Collegiate Peaks Trail Rum

Week of 4/16 - 4/22


After DRB things picked up where they had left off more training and core strength.  The legs did not really shake out until Wednesday after DRB, but that was acceptable as I was still able to run on Monday and Tuesday after DRB.

I also got in to two really good core strength sessions on Tuesday and Thursday.  Saturday was my quality run, 22.14 miles with 3528 vertical, two loops of the yellow and green of DRB course.  I ran every steep both up the Red Polka dot to the top of the ski (twice) and the back half of the course where it is either up or down.

The week concluded with a run with Chris (struggling to maintain his blog) of 11.34 miles at a respectable 8:21 pace after my prior days efforts.

Week ahead will be a quasi taper with runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (before my flight). Rest days will be Monday and Friday.  Collegiate Peaks Trail Race is Saturday April 28th, with Walter.  I am hoping to have a good race, dream race would be to break 10 hours.

Totals for the week:

63.29 miles of trail running
5,626 of vertical
9:21:54 time on feet

2 comments:

  1. You are peaking at the right time. Leave a trail of gels for me to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can hit 10 hrs no problem. crank it.

    ReplyDelete