Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Knocked Out

Week of 4/2 - 4/8


Had another really good week!  I sound like a broken record, AGAIN, but things continue to go well lets keep the fingers crossed.  Looking back on the week, I have to look at 10 hill repeats up Great Blue Ski with FMRTP

We gained over 3400 vertical in just over 7 miles, it was a really solid workout that will be visited again prior to CPTR.  I have kept up with core and stretching routines and I have seen the benefits.  I have also been focusing on post run nutrition for the long runs that transpire on the weekends and this has been helping with recover as well.  It is a lot of time to commitment it is definitely not all "just" running.

The Saturday long run was a really solid effort, FMRTP and I started with a 10 mile Ponk loop came back to cars to get some calories and handhelds.  I would say we pushed pretty hard during the day not much conversation during the run until, I was completely knocked out cold, after not ducking to go under and fallen tree across the trail.  ***Side note, I have ducked under this tree more times than one can count, I don't know if it was the focus of the day or what but I DEFINITELY DID NOT duck on Saturday.  I had a head gash, cuts on legs and shoulders.  From the view from behind it must have been interesting and I don't know how FMRTP kept a straight face.  I continued the run, bonked big time until I popped a gel and finished the run.  We had some good laughs after the run, references to "down goes Frazier", "thriller in manilla", etc etc.

Here is picture of post run treatment :-)



Totals for the week:

65.05 trail running miles
7,033 vertical feet
9:41:55 time on feet

In tribute to getting knocked out here it is old school.

2 comments:

  1. People at work are going to start thinking you are in a fight club! Killer week Tim. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you are short or you would have been decapitated (says the guy from behind). Not one I will soon forget/let you.

    ReplyDelete