Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Leadville Trail 100

I would like to congratulate Chris Cappellini on his success at the Leadville Trail 100.  I had the distinct honor of being assigned Chief of Crewing and dealing with the ups and downs of his majesty.

I didn't take any bullshit and handed out as much as I could including urinating in his handheld, MB's idea, not mine.

I have attached a limited edition set of pictures here which can be purchased and personally signed by AM himself.  You will probably get a "Best Wishes, GFY" but that is meaningful, trust me.

Highlights included:

1. The pickup at airport with fruit and Vita One
2. The flat tire in Iowa Gulch
3. The Frisco Condo
4. My bunk mate, MB
5. Being abandoned with an Apple and Poland Springs water bottle
6. Bottle Pissing before the start of Leadville Trail 100
7. The personality of one, while entering and leaving the aid stations.
8. Getting lost in an aid station.
9. Winfield
10. Halfmoon
11. Freezing to death at MayQueen and Finish
12. Coming through with Vita One
13. Being accused of directing one runner and one pacer the wrong way out of the tent at MayQueen.
14. Seeing pork chop gain one pound after the race, "Keep Eating".

Special congratulations to my friend Walter who finished his first 100 mile race at Leadville, never gave up and never quit.  Spartan effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment