Sunday, May 13, 2012

Getting back...

Week of 5-7 - 5-13


Well it was good to be back into a running after a quasi recover weeks after CPTR.

One of the main things I was happy to get back to this week was hill repeats which I missed in the last couple weeks as I was in-between events and preparing for events so I took a side step to hill repeats.  The hill repeat build prior to DRB, did carry me for several weeks but, I wanted to get back them.

I had a solid effort of 4 up and 4 down in rain during the weeks and I returned to the yellow triangle / green dot trail which is part of the DRB course, so was able to add some really good vertical this week for living in the flatland.

This upcoming week I am hoping to get one day up in NH for a really solid effort that incorporates a really whacked out bushwhack up the North face of Owl's head but also has some really good running opportunities of about 8 miles of true mountain running.  Let's just hope the weather holds.  More to come.

Totals for the week:

64.83 trail running miles
6753 feet of vertical
9:06:27 time on feet

***Goal was 70 miles for week didn't really happen, but was happy with output as I thought I had one of my best quality training weeks of the 2012 training year.

***Congratulations to CC for his great performance (victory) at 2012 Greenbelt Trail 50k, 2 consecutive years in a row.

1 comment:

  1. The blog I go to for up to date information is out of date. Link down to Future Misery Remembers the Past? So long.

    ReplyDelete