Monday, January 16, 2012

Week of 1/9 - 1/15


Well I had what I would call a dormant week.  I did get to the gym twice and hit 72 flights of stairs up and down 3 times on Wednesday.  I hoped that the dormant week would help my shin, it did, but my stubbornness, pushed me to do the stars on Wednesday.  I should have bagged it but I wanted to do it.  The shin is better, rest, massage therapy and stretching definitely helped.  Overall feeling pretty good.  Saturday (1/14) I hit Cannon, Cannon Balls and N. Kinsman for about 11 miles and 4126 of Vert.  This is basically all my miles and vertical for the week.  It was a great "hike" no running, bitter cold temps around negative 10 with slight wind.  Sunday I did get out in the Blue Hills to log some running miles, 7 total.

It was a good week, got to "relax" clearly my stubbornness, is the culprit of me trying to heal, need to work on that.

Totals for the week:
18 miles of combined trail running and hiking
5000 feet of vertical

1 comment:

  1. Rest the shin. You know you won't have the time later. By mid February you will be going hard. "relaxing" for you is a legit week of training for most people.

    ReplyDelete